SINGAPORE: UEM Sunrise Berhad (“UEM Sunrise” or the “Company”), one of Malaysia’s leading property developers, together with Nusajaya Tech Park, hosted the inaugural High-Speed Rail (“HSR”) seminar as part of the ASEAN Market Insights Seminar series, which drew more than 150 attendees at the Singapore Business Federation on Friday, 18 August 2017.
Taking on a topical approach, the inaugural edition of the HSR seminar that was co-organised by the Singapore Business Federation and Malaysia Singapore Business Council, focused on Business Opportunities in Malaysia Arising from Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail, with participants of the seminar coming from a wide array of sectors spanning industry, trade, investment and policymaking. With presentations from keynote speakers across sectors who shared on various topics relevant to the theme of the seminar, participants had exclusive insight into the following:
Summary of presentations
Regional development around HSR stations by MyHSR Corporation corporate strategy director Annafi Zulkifli
– socio-economic planning, key sectors and developments of KL-HSR corridor
– Provide framework for HSR Socio-economic programme – economy, inclusivity, sustainability and enablers
– Seven prioritised growth areas to drive economic growth in the intermediate cities along the HSR corridor
Building the HSR: Business opportunities and competitive landscape by International Enterprise Singapore (Infrastructure) manager David Wong
– Structure, segment analysis and strategies on KL-SG HSR project
– Early cultivation of clients and strategic partnerships based on different segments and contractors
HSR’s impact on economic development by Ho Chin Soon Research chief executive officer Ishmael Ho
– Land use, ownership patterns and development plans along the HSR stations
– Case studies and local context example from different country HSR stations
Investment facilitations by the Malaysian government by Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) (Singapore) second secretary Mohd Erfian Johari
– Overview of foreign investments approved by MIDA
– The focus of different economic sector, major projects and other development around the cities panel discussion, ‘Capturing Potential Business Opportunities with High Speed Rail’, the Company highlighted its focus to unlock the development potential of Iskandar Puteri through various industrial, commercial and residential projects which will set a strong foundation to support an overall thriving transit-oriented development in the region via Gerbang Nusajaya. Gerbang Nusajaya, the commercial and business engine of Iskandar Puteri and the gateway to Iskandar Malaysia, is home to various catalytic developments such as Nusajaya Tech Park, a joint-venture of Ascendas Singbridge and UEM Sunrise as well as Fastrackcity, a 300-acre integrated motorsports hub. Gerbang Nusajaya will also house one of the seven HSR stations.
Panelists on the panel discussion session included Mr. Raymond Cheah, Chief Operating Officer – Commercial, UEM Sunrise; Mr. Aylwin Tan, Chief Customer Solutions Officer, Ascendas-Singbridge; Ms. Kate Lim, Centre Director, Kuala Lumpur Overseas Centre, International Enterprise Singapore and Mr. Ishmael Ho, Chief Executive Officer, Ho Chin Soon Research. The session was moderated by Dr Francis E. Hutchinson, Senior Fellow and Coordinator of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) – Yusuf Ishak Institute.
Want to contribute articles to StarProperty.my? Email email@example.com.