In just 10 minutes, you can make this easy and delicious recipe for Pickled Radishes!
Course: Condiment, Snack
Cuisine: Pickled Foods
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 clove garlic peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 bunch radishes about 9 ounces of radishes without the greens
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar unseasoned
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
Place garlic halves into a clean one-pint canning jar. Thinly slice radishes and pack on top of garlic in jar.
Add rice vinegar, water, salt and honey to a 2-cup glass measuring pitcher. Whisk until kosher salt and honey dissolves.
Pour vinegar mixture over radishes in jar, leaving a little room at the top. Cover and refrigerate.
Pickled radishes will be ready to eat in about 24 hours. Keep refrigerated and enjoy for up to one month.
- In just 24 hours these pickled radishes will be ready to eat. Enjoy them for up to one month.
- Note that the pickling liquid will turn light red and the radish flavor will get stronger with time.
- For a spicy kick add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns, or a fresh chile pepper split lengthwise (don’t forget to wear gloves when slicing fresh chile peppers!).
Calories: 8kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 9mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 1mg
Keywords: easy, from scratch, gluten free, snack, summer, vegetarian
Tried this recipe?I’d love to see it! Tag me on Instagram at @pinchandswirl or leave me a comment and rating below.